I hope everyone has enjoyed getting back on court over the past two weeks and that you managed to survive this week’s inclement weather.
With the easing of lockdown restrictions from Monday 12th April comes some new Tennis Updates:
Indoor Courts Back Open
– The indoor courts will reopen from 7am. Play is limited to your household/bubble.
– 1-1 coaching of juniors and adults is allowed (or more than 1 adult from the same household) and the junior programme resumes.
– When using the indoor courts, please follow the arrows on the floor and use the hand sanitiser provided. Please note that wearing a mask while walking to and from the courts is compulsory.
– Following government advice, the upstairs of the Clubhouse will remain open to Staff Only. If you are dropping off/picking up your child from a junior lesson, please wait outside the main entrance and a coach will walk with the players to and from the court. I encourage you to make use of the Horsebox for refreshments and use the seating area on the grass while you wait.
– For parents of children under 8, we are relaxing our “no parents on court” rule. We must stress that no socialising can take place between parents while on court so please only stand on court if your child is new or very nervous. The expert coaching team will deal with all matters on court. We have a list of emergency contact details for all players/members if parents are needed to be contacted. Please ensure you are checking in with the NHS Track & Trace by scanning the QR code at the entrance.
Adult Coaching Programme
– The adult coaching programme will be running outside. This includes Jo’s Mondays, Simon’s Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, Jack’s Saturdays as well as Cardio Tennis with either Adam or Chris on a Tuesday and Thursday.
– Some members have been having some issues booking onto the Cardio Tennis using the app. We are aware of this issue and are actively trying to resolve it. In the meantime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will book your spot.
Playing Availability & Rotas & Tournaments
– As we open more courts, we are lifting the restriction of only playing a max three times per week.
– We are extending the maximum booking from 90 to 120 minutes.
– Christine is looking forward to starting the Ladies Rota again in September. The Vets bookings on a Tuesday and Friday will resume (weather dependent) from May.
– Please look out for the Club Championships entry form – we are looking at putting this on in June when (all being well) the restrictions end and we can have a big party again!
– Tennis balls are available to purchase from the Horsebox. If you have any other equipment needs, please contact Simon directly – 07906021210.
If you have any queries please speak to the coaching/management team or email me directly.